Monday, May 17, 2010

Plans Change...

What started out as a simple task of taking a picture of my card did not turn out the way I planned.

This morning I decided to photograph my Blooming Card in the morning sun.

I found the best light. Set up my camera, and set the scene for my card.

I turned on the camera, got ready to shoot, pressed the button ... and ... it powered off!

Strange, I thought, that isn't right. So I turned the camera on again and tried the shot again.

I got ready to shoot, pressed the button ... and ... it powered off AGAIN!

Okay, this is weird ... It must be a battery thing. I don't have rechargeables, I use the expensive photo lithium kind that last a long time, and I haven't replaced them for a while! I guess its time.

{I also get them at the craft/hobby store when they offer a 40% off coupon and get them at a great deal!}

But there was no warning! No flashing red battery, No warning lights, NOTHING! I tried to turn on the camera again - this time nothing! Yup a battery thing!

No picture this time, as it was time to go to work.

... After work, 8 hours later... I used another camera because I forgot to get the batteries.

I finally took the photo and was ready to download the picture to my laptop.

Then I discovered another problem.

The picture is on an XD card.

The laptop does not accept XD cards.

My desktop computer does not accept XD cards.

Nor does my card reader accept XD cards!

Ugh.

Its been a long day and although my card is sitting here beside me, I cannot show you tonight, so instead I am going to show you a photo of a shelf in my studio.

As I said, plans change!


NOTE: The shelf holds my vintage threads, seam bindings, ribbons, pearls, and other treasures that look pretty. I have other vintage treasures throughout my room, both inspiring and useful and I continually add to them and arrange each shelf as I collect and use each item.

I'm off to bed, early!

Goodnight

No comments: