Thursday, May 20, 2010

About Last Night...

Sorry about last night.

I had every intention of posting my third flower card early in the evening.

I had my day all planned out.

A friend and I were going to run a few scrapbooking related errands that would only take us no more than 2 hours ... {Yeah, Right}

... I was going to be back by 4:00 pm to finish off my day, by looking at all my treasures, organizing them and then putting them away.

The first part of the "Plan" worked out fine! I was picked up right on schedule and we made our first stop.

... We left that shop about 15 minutes behind schedule.

I personally think we ran into trouble at the second store. {Be Creative}

I have been there only 2 times before.

The first time was last Friday.

The second time was Saturday.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was the third time ... . {Houston... We have a problem}

As soon as Rebecca [a stamper, at heart] stepped into the store, she was lost in all the wood, rubber and everything else that makes a stamp a stamp.

So our 2 hour schedule turned into something like the "3 Hour Tour" of Gilligan's Island! {Taking a long time - not getting shipwrecked}

***Note: I am getting to the power outage, and not being able to post the 3rd card! For those who don't like the long version ... just scroll down to the photo, I don't mind!

The whole time we were in the store I noticed the dark gray storm clouds over yonder, but they
never came close to us.

... Although, as we were cashing out, the lights did flicker twice!

We left the store at 4:00 pm., wallets lighter, shopping bags heavy ...

The drive home was and adventure in itself.

It was rush hour ...

Those storm clouds that I saw earlier?

Well, the storm had hit and it was along the roadway ... There were gale force winds, and rain.

... Tree branches everywhere and the odd trees as well.

Thankfully we missed the brunt of it, as there were 2 vehicles on the side of the road that actually were hit by falling trees.

I got home at 5:30 and the power was off.

It did not turn on again until 11:30.


That was yesterday ...

And today, after the storm?

The skies are blue once again, the air is crisp. It is beautiful outside!

... Here is yesterday's card. Posted today!

In celebration of the blue skies ...

The blue in "The Perry Seed Store" Image is perfect!


See you again tomorrow!

Card Notes: Photo Corners - 3L, Stripped/Flourish papers - My Mind's Eye (Bella Bella), ribbon - May Arts, "Best Wishes" Stamp - Clear Art Stamps, cardstock - Bazzill, stardust (Stickles), Vintage Photo Ink, Glossy Accents, - Ranger Industries, Stick Pin


No comments: