Monday, May 10, 2010

Gifts of Flowers

...Julianna, my niece, is the giver of gifts whenever she comes to visit.

Be it a hand coloured card with stickers, a page torn out of a colouring book - coloured and signed with her name, specially choosen rocks or other things.

She brings gifts whenever she comes over to visit. Did I mention she's FOUR?


Lately her specialty has been flowers.

She brings dandelions, buttercups, a few blades of grass and other flowers that I can't identify.

I really appreciate it. Those little flowers brighten my day.

More than she can understand.

On Saturday I was watching her, or rather we were watching each other while her Mom and Sister (Amelia, 6) were shopping, and she found some other flowers for me.



She loved the chives and the columbine flowers, and through the buttercup test, we discovered that she loved butter too.

Love You Julianna, Love You Too Amelia!


Note: I'm drying the flowers in a cool dark place to preserve the colour, then I'm going incorporate them somehow with glass, solder and some inspiration. I don't have that last one right now, but perhaps a cool dark closet might help me too!


1 comment:

Trude Julie said...

I can't wait to see your creations with the pressed and preserved flowers. How fortunate you are to have such nice nieces, bringing you flowers (mine did when they were younger).
Hope you're doing well.
Greetings from Norway.
Love, Trude Julie