Monday, May 31, 2010

I Want it All ... and I Want it Delivered

Last week I posted cards using Crafty Secrets Summertime Journal Notes...

I still love the orange and teal colours of the last flower card. {... The teal is my "
it" colour} and my niece Amelia says that {orange} is "my" colour!
when she was about 2 or 3 she assigned everybody colours in our family... I think her sister's was pink, hers was red and mine was orange...


Tonight I'm posting a card using a different set of vintage inspired images and papers ...

... Graphic 45 ...

"I Want it All... and I Want it Delivered"


When I created this card, I used this quote a little sarcastically!

I mean, she IS doing the laundry!

There is another stamp from the "Party Queen" Set (Crafty Secrets) that says ...

... "This isn't What I Imagined"

That is going on the inside of the card.


~

Here is a close up of the Safety Pin and Sentiment...




Here's a cool tip to create Vintage Red Photo Corners ...

{You'll notice that 2 of the Domestic Goddess images have red photo corners on them. When I trimmed the images most of the corners are cut off, and I really liked them. Finding the same red photo corners pre-packaged is nearly impossibl
e. So making them is the only option! My friend Rebecca, who was dyeing flowers with reinkers, was the one who gave me the idea of using distressing inks to dye the photo corners.}

Here's how I did it, and its as easy as 1, 2, 3! Using the kraft coloured 3L Photo Corners (you need the base coat to be dark to give the vintage/distress feel), completely cover with Fired Brick Distressing Ink, and set aside to dry.

See you later...


Card Notes: Photo Corners - 3L, All Pattern Papers - Graphic 45 (Domestic Goddess), Cardstock - Bazzill, Ribbon - May Arts, Velvet - Lasting Impressions, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Glossy Accents - Ranger Industries, Sentiment
Glamour Girls- Clear Arts Stamp (Crafty Secrets), Safety Pin, Kitchen Twine - Other


No comments: